- Mocking the parade with my silly family
- Traditions:cutting paper snowflakes, teaching little bro all the techniques and watching his excitement as he gets better at them throughout the day.
- A not-so-fun Thanksgiving day run to the grocery store for cold medicine for my parents that turned into a fun time with littlest bro. He turns on full charm mode when we go out together.
- Finally CHRISTMAS MOVIES
- The Grinch (Ron Howard/Jim Carrey live action version)
- Quoting the Grinch (most quotable ever, am I right?)
- Monk DVDs out from the library. Reliving the glory days of watching it with my family and laughing out loud even at funny moments I've seen over and over before.
- Also Christmas music.
- Oh yeah, all the things that made those things possible: electricity, DVDs, DVD Players, iPhones, stereos, the Internet, mp3 technology....
- Cuddling with the cutest Jack Russell Terrier.
- A simplified Thanksgiving dinner that means I don't feel like I'm going to explode after the meal. Everyone's delicious contributions made the workload lighter: Mom's mashed potatoes, Papa's smoked turkey and Grandma's gravy, my sister's cranberry sauce and my pumpkin cheesecake.
- Impromptu communion because we have Martinelli's and little bro insists that we always do "the thing with the bread and the juice" on Thanksgiving.
- Encouraging coffee business growth and suddenly feeling extra motivated about it.
- Cast, crew, friends, fans, creativity, collaboration---everything that is Project Dashwood so far. I'm having so much fun, learning so much and blown away by everyone involved.
- Friends friends friends. The past few years I've made new friends and deepened old friendships. Sometimes I feel like I should pinch myself because I didn't know that I could have friends I love this much.
I could go on and on and on but I need some sleep. I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings! Stay safe out there if you're going Black Friday shopping tomorrow or better yet, skip that and join my family in our tradition of the last few years: Crepesgiving! What could be better than all your Thanksgiving leftovers stuffed in to crepes?
As we head into the craziness of the holidays, the consumerism and dissatisfaction, the family conflict, the busy, busy, busyness, let's remember the one thing we can always be thankful for and the whole reason we're even having a holiday: Jesus, sent to earth to save us.
What are you thankful for today?
Thankful Thursdays Link Up: